These Events and More!
The 2016 Pigeon Forge Saddle Up! marks the 16th year that the ‘cowboy way’ is celebrated in the Smokies. If you’ve never attended before, gitty-up and book your Heartland Cabin so that you don’t miss the storytelling, cowboy poetry, Western dance, live music and Chuck Wagon cookin’ again. This year’s lineup of entertainment is just as stellar as years passed and includes new to Saddle Up! performances by 14-year old Brigid Reedy, Western Flyers, Andy Nelson and Jay Snider.
All events are come-as-you-are, but you might as well embrace the spirit of the West and wear your blue jeans, large buckled belts, cowboy hats and boots. You want to look great at the Cowboy Dance, don’t ya? There are varying costs to the events that include meals, but you can enjoy most Saddle Up! activities for free, or almost free. Free or not, all events require registration for tickets.
Check out all the Saddle Up! events that take place Wednesday through Sunday, and then register to get your tickets. Some events have a limited number of tickets available.
Wednesday, February 17:
- 10-11:30 a.m. Patchwork of the Prairie: A Quilt Trunk Show (LeConte Center)
- 12:30-4 p.m. Cowboy Fun at Blairs Valley Ranch in Wears Valley (Free Transportation)
- 3:30-4 p.m. Saddle Up Sampler with Montana’s Brigid, John Reedy, and Yvonne Hollenbeck (LeConte Center Concourse)
- 6-8 p.m. Dinner and Intimate Evening Concert – Kent Rollins, Chris Isaacs & Jay Snider (Mama’s Farmhouse, $54.88)
Thursday, February 18:
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. Cowbucks Café Continental Breakfast with Souvenir Mug & Entertainment (Pottery House Cafe, $15)
- 1-1:30 p.m. Saddle Up Sampler with R.W. Hampton (LeConte Center Concourse)
- 2:30-4 p.m. Western Dance Class (Leconte Center Hall South)
- 5:30-6 p.m. Saddle Up Sampler’s Western Swing Tunes by Western Flyers (LeConte Center Concourse)
- 6-9 p.m. Intimate Evening Steak Dinner Concert – R.W. Hampton (LeConte Center North 1, $54.88)
6-9 p.m. Intimate Evening Steak Dinner Concert – Dave Stamey and Andy Nelson (LeConte Center North 1, $54.88)
Friday, February 19:
- 9-10 a.m. Cowboy Cooking Demonstration – Kent & Shannon Rollins (Pottery House Cafe)
- 12-1:30 p.m. Stories & Strings with R.W. Hampton, Dave Stamey, Brigid & John Reedy, Katie Glassman and T. Scot Wilburn (LeConte Center Greenbrier Hall, $21.95)
- 3-5 p.m. Saddle Up Concert – Western Flyers, Yvonne Hollenbeck, Sourdough Slim, Brigid & John Reedy, Jay Snider Wilburn (LeConte Center Greenbrier Hall, $21.95)
- 7-9:30 Saddle Up Concert – R.W. Hampton, Chris Isaacs, Dave Stamey, Yvonne Hollenback, Sourdough Slim, Cal Farley Performers, T. Scot Wilburn and the Shut Up –N- Playboys (LeConte Center Greenbrier Hall, $21.95)
Saturday, February 20:
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Buckaroo Roundup – Cowboy themed kids’ activites, demonstrations, live entertainment and open mic (Clabough’s Campground)
- 12-1:30 p.m. Chuck Wagon Cookoff & Lunch – Chuck Wagon teams compete for cash and prizes, and lunch follows (Clabough’s Campground, $12.50)
- 6-8:30 p.m. Saddle Up Concert – R.W. Hampton, Chris Isaacs, Dave Stamey, Sourdough Slim, Western Flyers, and Brigid & John Reedy (LeConte Center Greenbrier Hall, $21.95)
- 8:30-10:30 p.m. Cowboy Dance – T. Scot Wilburn and the Shut Up –N- Playboys and special guests (LeConte Center Hall South, $5)
Sunday, February 21:
- 8:30-10 a.m. Chuck Wagon Breakfast – Cowboy style breakfast by Red River Chuck Wagon (LeConte Center, $5)
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. Cowboy Church (LeConte Center Greenbrier Hall)
See About Cooling Yer Heels at Heartland Cabins for Saddle Up! 2016